RAIN OR SHINE!
The Ashland Strawberry Faire is held in historic Ashland, Virginia, is a traditional celebration to promote the community and feature the strawberry harvest. The Faire is held on the first or second Saturday in June, on the streets adjacent to the Randolph-Macon College campus the week after graduation. The Faire is a free, community and family-oriented event during which non-profit groups and churches raise funds and offer something for everyone. There are vendors selling arts, crafts, plants, and antiques to the many thousands who attend the event. There are local businesses featured from Ashland and Hanover.
Among the many attractions are two stages; featuring local entertainment from brass and jazz bands, choirs, dancing, pipes and drums, to Little Miss and Little Mr. Strawberry contests and much more. There are activities for children from face painting to pet adoption.
Just released — the poster for this year’s Faire!
Please click for the larger version.
Ashland businesses within walking distance (4 blocks of Randolph-Macon College).
Apply as a businesses renting booth space selling in the Faire, note at booth space “Off-Site”. $100 for advertising.
- Ashland Strawberry Faire advertising new business’s Off-Site Vendors.
- Ashland Strawberry Faire website on the “Vendor List”.
- Herald-Progress insert on the “Vendor List”.
- Herald-Progress insert list name of businesses on the Faire MAP, near Ashland Alley in a 1” x 1” spaces (limit 15).
- Two signs with the name of each of the business, with directional arrows to be posted in the Faire – one at 54/Henry and one at College/RR.
- Community – Provide a healthy family event, bringing our community together with renewed interest in everything Ashland and Hanover has to offer, including strawberries!
- Vendors – 250-300 per year
55% Arts and Craft Vendors – Exposure and/or sales, promotion of arts.
15% Non-Profit Civic Booths – 501©3 Free booth for exposure; plus booths for fund raising and/or sales,
10% Food Vendors – All with non-profit groups, feeding the 30-40,000 visitors.
20% Businesses Vendors – in Ashland-Alley and Hanover-Homeshow, advertising and/or sales.
- Visual Arts – Over one hundred artisans sharing their visions with the community.
- Performing Arts – Two stages with continuous entertainment of a variety of music, dance, and demonstration groups providing them with experience, exposure, and civic service.
- Scholarships – ASF has given over $50.000 in scholarships to the Hanover schools.
- Non-Profit Grants – Over $20,000 in grants; including the Fire/EMS, Hanover Free Clinic, ACES, HAAC, ARC, Hanover Safe Place, Ashland Museum, Comfort Zone Camp, etc.
- Non-Profit Booths – 20 to 30 free booth spaces yearly, valuing over $20,000.
- Non-Profits Sponsors – All 10 to 20 food booths share in a percentage of profits.
- Kid Zone – A chance for kids of all ages to play (cake-walks, bouncy toys, and raffles), an opportunity of community service hours, and make memories.
- Pageant – Little Miss and Mister Strawberry playing on stage, chosen from a drawing.