The Mission of the Ashland Strawberry Faire; Since 1982
The purpose of the Faire is to produce an event that brings the community together and gives various civic clubs, churches and organizations a chance to participate and raise funds. We have booths representing arts and crafts, civic organizations, public service, antiques, and businesses. We have live entertainment by various musical, dance and demonstration groups in the community. We have an area of activities especially for children run by big “kids” of the community who volunteer their time.
The Faire serves multiple functions:
- Community – Provide a healthy family event, bringing our community together with renewed interest in everything Ashland and Hanover has to offer, including strawberries!
- Scholarships – Since 1982 ASF has given over $75,000 in scholarships to the Hanover schools
- Non-Profit – Since 1982 ASF has provided over $75,000 in grants and in-kind gifts to local non-profits; including free booth space.
- Performing Arts – 1-3 stages with continuous entertainment of a variety of music, dance, and demonstration groups providing them with experience, exposure, and civic service
- Kid Zone – A chance for kids of all ages to play and an opportunity for community service hours for others
- Pageant – Miss and Mister Strawberry, chosen from a drawing